San Diego, California
Location: Redmond, Washington
Type: Full Time
Job Title*: English Teacher - Middle School or Upper School
Position Type: (Exempt or Non-Exempt): Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Middle School or Upper School Division Head
Closing Date: When Filled
Start Date: August 1, 2023
Pay Range: $54,000 - $82,000 Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Professional Development
Location: Redmond, WA
Application: Accepted at http://www.tbcs.org/employment
Do you find reward in investing a piece of yourself into something bigger with an everlasting impact? Do you enjoy being part of a community united in a common goal? Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of students directly in the classroom or through a supporting role? Read on to find out more about our amazing school!
The Bear Creek School is currently seeking to add a member to our teaching team! This individual supports the mission of Bear Creek through serving the students and teachers of Bear Creek. The English Teacher is responsible for helping our students develop a passion for the English language in reading and writing and promoting a student culture of lifelong learning.
As a member of The Bear Creek School, you belong to a vibrant preschool - grade 12 community fully committed to the mission of our school: to provide a high-quality, Christian liberal arts education in a nurturing environment that will enable each student to become the individual God intends.
Why you should work at The Bear Creek School.
Bear Creek is a vibrant community of faculty and staff committed to the mission, offering many ways for students and adults to learn, play, and serve together in an inclusive, caring environment.
At The Bear Creek School, a Christian classical education serves as a powerful framework for teaching and inspiring students. You can support the mission of Bear Creek through leading the classroom environment and having an impact on the lives of students.
We are seeking an individual who…
- Plans and develops an engaging, age-appropriate course of study in the classroom, adhering to educational best practices for teaching expository writing from literature, grammar and vocabulary while adhering to school curriculum guidelines.
- Designs and presents individual lesson plans in one or more academic subjects using a variety of teaching techniques that appeal to various learning styles and methods.
- Prepares materials for lessons, assignments, and tests; evaluates, corrects, and grades student performance.
- Inspire students to see truth, beauty, and goodness in the texts and to enjoy God through them.
- Prepare students to view literary texts through a biblical worldview and aesthetic.
- Discusses academic difficulties or behavioral problems with students and parents as they arise.
- Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to parents and, as appropriate, other faculty, staff, and/or division head.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with parents.
- Enforces safety and security standards for students, staff, and visitors.
- Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance and incident reports, and other necessary records.
- Monitors halls, study periods, and lunchrooms with other faculty and staff.
- Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, in-service opportunities, workshops, and other training seminars.
- Maintains knowledge of research, developments, and best practices in middle or upper grade education.
- Performs related tasks such as sponsoring student activities or organizations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The successful individual in this position will:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Take initiative
- Execute things independently when needed and work cooperatively with a team regularly
To apply or view all jobs at The Bear Creek School go to https://www.tbcs.org/employment.
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful outcome a criminal background check.
The above job posting is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of all jobs at The Bear Creek School.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who cannot perform the essential functions of the position, even with reasonable accommodations, or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.
Required Experience and Education.
- Thorough understanding of pedagogy and the best practices of education.
- Desire to teach middle or upper school-aged children and ability to adapt to their developmental status.
- Ability to design lessons that teach curriculum in an engaging manner, applying various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and individual or collaborative projects and research.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills to manage and control the classroom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain professionalism and tact in high-stress situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Currently held CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (with Epinephrine Auto Injector supplement included), or arrangements made to obtain certification within 90 days of employment start date.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
It's more than a Job. As a part of our community, you also need to:
- Positively support the school’s policies and practices and work collaboratively in a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Able to use strong written and oral communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Outlook, ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
You must meet the following physical requirements.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer or standing to teach.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse classroom and adjust one’s tone and height, by bending or leaning, in order to teach each child.