Galloway, New Jersey
San Diego, California
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Stuart Country Day School of the Sacred Heart in Princeton, New Jersey, an independent, Catholic all-girls PS-12 Sacred Heart School is searching for an Upper School English teacher.
This position will teach four sections of Upper School English, serve as an advisor, and complete a major duty. An equal-opportunity employer, SCDS is seeking a joyful and innovative individual dedicated to professional growth. Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The school seeks candidates who can:
- Demonstrate knowledge of, appreciation for, and commitment to the school’s mission, anti-racist, anti-bias education, multicultural teaching, and culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Create an inclusive classroom/work environment.
- Use multicultural teaching/leadership methods, materials, and resources that reflect multiple perspectives.
- Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Engage in professional development opportunities to further develop inclusive teaching and leadership practices.
The successful candidate will have a degree in English or a related field.
Early career or change of career candidates will also be considered.
An advanced degree and experience teaching at the upper school level, at an all-girls school, or at a faith-based school are a plus.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, a passion for teaching, and a philosophy consistent with the mission and goals of the Sacred Heart.