Galloway, New Jersey
San Diego, California
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Type: Full Time
St. Martin’s Episcopal School seeks a culturally competent and responsive faculty member to teach Middle School English for the 2022-2023 academic school year. The teacher is responsible for creating a classroom environment favorable to the learning and personal growth of every student; establishing effective rapport with students; motivating students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for becoming a responsible citizen in accordance with each student’s ability; and establishing good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and/or significant English teaching experience with middle school students preferred
- 5+ years of classroom experience
- Teaches 4 to 5 Middle School English classes and serves as a grade-level advisor
- Sponsors 1 to 2 school clubs or activities
- Seeks regular field experience opportunities for students that extend the classroom to the broader community
- Establishes student behavior through relationship, positive reinforcement, and support
- Chaperones field trips, fall and spring overnight trips, and one Middle School dance
- Attends chapel services including a daily devotion as a grade-level advisor
The above list of essential duties is not exhaustive. All employees are expected to support the mission and vision statements of St. Martin's Episcopal School and contribute to the overall life of the School. This includes adherence to SMES policies, including safety, and emergency procedures, as well as assisting the Principal in developing long-range plans, school philosophy, and goals.
St. Martin’s believes in life-long learning and offers teachers extraordinary opportunities for professional growth. Candidates should be professionals who embrace working in a highly collaborative and collegial environment and are comfortable incorporating the use of various technologies to support student learning.
This is a full-time (Monday–Friday, 7:30 am–4:00 pm), salaried, exempt position with benefits.
How to Apply
Please visit www.stmartinschool.org/about/employment and click on the position that you are interested in for the link to the online application. No phone calls, please.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School, founded in 1959, is a coeducational day school serving students from 8 weeks old through 8th grade. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.stmartinschool.org.
The School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.