Galloway, New Jersey
San Diego, California
Location: Seattle, Washington
Type: Temp to Full Time
SEATTLE ACADEMY is a dynamic community that challenges students to question, imagine, and create in order to contribute boldly to a changing world. This mission comes alive in our urban school setting where we serve grades 6 – 12 in a vibrant, independent school environment.
Our diverse faculty is exceptionally qualified, strong academically, and combines rich life experience with passion for their disciplines. Our teaching philosophy is geared toward our mission and guiding principles of Culture of Performance, College, and Life, Know the Kid, and Inclusive Community.
We invite you to join our team in making this mission a reality for our students as a long-term substitute, teaching Middle School English in support of the 2023-24 school year. Applicants should be able to guide literary analysis, facilitate seminar discussion, teach the writing of expository and narrative essays, deliver grammar instruction, and provide constructive, actionable feedback in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience. Undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS FOR THE PERSON IN THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- A growth mindset with a passion for your subject matter and an engaging learning environment.
- Desire, interest, and enthusiasm for working with upper school-aged students.
- A willingness to incorporate social-emotional learning competencies (social awareness, relationship skills, self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision making) and project-based learning into the subject matter.
- Strong organizational and communication abilities.
- Agility, influence, negotiation, and strong judgment & decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all constituent groups - teachers, parents, students, and administrative teams.
- Experience with addressing student behavior; and
- Creative and imaginative problem-solver.
HOW TO APPLY:
SAAS offers a rate of $250 - $250 per day and an excellent benefit package once eligibility requirements are met. View our Staff Benefits here. A resume and cover letter is required to apply.
Seattle Academy provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws.