Galloway, New Jersey
San Diego, California
Location: Austin, Texas
Type: Full Time
Upper Elementary English Teacher for August 2023 Start
Two positions are confirmed available for 2023-2024
Austin International School is currently seeking an upper elementary English teacher to engage our young learners in the development of their academic skills in English language and literature. This position has a start date of August 1st, 2023. This position works on a team of three teachers (English, French, and Spanish).
Our diverse community of nearly 60 nationalities and over 25 home languages provides an international learning environment to nearly 250 students in pre-kindergarten through 8th grades. In addition to regional accreditation by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS), we are the only school in central Texas to be fully accredited by the French Ministry of Education (AEFE).
Teaching at AIS
AIS uses a uniquely-designed Seamless Curriculum to teach grade-level content through full immersion in French, English, and Spanish. Teaching at AIS requires adaptability, flexibility, open-mindedness, and a strong desire to collaborate with team members. Inspired by the French philosophy of education, this position aligns with the Common Core State Standards and uses the Reading and Writing Workshop framework.
Our school works on a system of three-year learning cycles with end-of-cycle objectives for each three-year period, recognizing that each child may work towards different objectives at different paces. The upper elementary program is referred to as “Cycle 3” and covers 4th through 5th grades. For more information about our Cycle 3 academic program, please consult the Program of Studies and Links to Curricular Standards pages on our website.
How to Apply
Please submit the following application material by email to email@example.com:
- a cover letter that addresses alignment with our school's vision, mission, and core values
- a recent curriculum vitae/résumé outlining educational background and experience
- a list of at least 3 recent professional references
- a statement of educational philosophy
For inquiries, please contact Jacques Weber, Head of School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal candidate must:
- be a native-level speaker of English
- support the AIS vision, mission, and core values
- be prepared to follow our AIS Performance Standards for Teachers
- hold at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject area
- hold an educator's license/certificate from a recognized authority in the US or abroad
- have experience in multicultural classrooms and be internationally-minded
- enjoy being a member of a team and be highly collaborative
- successfully pass criminal background checks