Galloway, New Jersey
San Diego, California
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Type: Part Time
Latin School of Chicago provides its students with a rigorous and innovative educational program in a community that embraces diversity of people, cultures and ideas. Latin inspires its students to pursue their passions and lead lives of purpose and excellence. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring lower school educator who has a passion for exploring teaching and supporting students in an outstanding academic environment.
Latin School of Chicago is seeking a PART-TIME Upper School ENGLISH TEACHER. The current vacancy is for twelfth-grade electives, with the possibility for teaching other grade levels in subsequent years. We are particularly interested in candidates with knowledge of and experience with teaching creative writing and/or workshop-based classes.
Part-time faculty qualify for Latin’s benefits package.
- Master's or other Graduate degree in English, Education, or related field preferred
- At least 3-5 years' experience teaching grades 9-12
- A person who cultivates an inclusive and supportive climate for all students, particularly those from under-represented background, and who fosters appreciation for differences in our community
- Individuals with knowledge of and interest in Creative Writing and workshop-based teaching is desired
Interested candidates should include the following as part of their application:
- A 1 page letter of interest that articulates how past experiences align with Latin’s hiring needs
- 1-2 page resume of relevant work experiences and accomplishments
Latin School embraces diversity of people, cultures, and ideas and is an equal opportunity employer.