Brooklyn, New York
New Windsor, Maryland
New York, New York
Location: Winter Park, Florida
Type: Full Time
About the Trinity Preparatory School of Florida:
Trinity Preparatory School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school that develops ethical, resilient leaders who thrive in the pursuit of excellence, embrace diversity in thought and perspective, and grow spiritually. In alignment with our mission, we affirm our commitment to our core values: Trinity Family; Educational Excellence, both Academic and Extracurricular; Leadership and Character Development; and Faith and Spirituality.
Trinity is seeking applicants for a full-time instructor in our English department. This candidate must have a desire to work with students in a challenging college-preparatory environment and be able to teach all levels of the subject through AP level. Qualified candidates must have the ability to develop meaningful relationships with highly motivated students from diverse backgrounds. This teacher should plan to be an integral component of the students' lives, in and out of the classroom, and to collaborate with colleagues on a grade-level team and as a member of the English department.
Trinity Prep has a one-to-one laptop program, and students use technology in a variety of ways in every discipline. Faculty integrate electronic textbooks, utilizing Google Docs and Forms for assignments, and employ blended models to ignite teacher-student interaction. Using our learning management system Canvas and participating in the advisory program are required professional standards.
The Upper School English Faculty will exemplify Trinity Prep’s four Core Competencies that apply to all employees of the organization:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
The Upper School English Faculty will exemplify Trinity Prep’s three Core Competencies that apply to all faculty of the organization:
- Directs, Optimizes and Plans Work
- Develops Talent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a cohesive upper school English program consisting of a research-based curriculum and evaluated materials at age appropriate levels.
- Prepare lesson materials, grade papers, manage the classroom, and evaluate and give feedback to students.
- Demonstrates a good grasp on classroom management.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations to ensure accessibility.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to engage at age-appropriate levels.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress.
- When necessary, meet with parents and guardians to discuss their child's progress, and to determine their priorities for their child and their resource needs.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of the school English program to support alignment professionally and personally.
- Oversee a group of assigned advisory students for the purpose of advising them academically, socially, and future-planning issues, as well as acting as the liaison between the parents and school.
- Lead a significant out-of-the-classroom activity like coaching a sport or a competitive academic team in addition to teaching and advising.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervising administrator.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus on English. Master’s degree preferred.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, supports differences, and articulates an authentic commitment to diversity in thought and perspective while holding others accountable for the same.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in public and or independent schools, with a strong background in curriculum and instruction.
- Passionate about the chosen field of study.
- Capable of teaching all levels of the subject, demonstrating a mastery of current pedagogy.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Exceptionally capable in both written and oral communication.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Proven success working collaboratively in educational leadership.
- Must pass a Jessica Lunsford Level II background check and drug test.
- CPR/AED/First Aid are able to be gained upon hiring.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability, 403(b) plans.
- Interested candidates should complete an application through the below link:
Employee Nondiscrimination Policy:
- Trinity Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.